Eating tuna out of the tin won't be the same anymore.
Serves: 4-6 | Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 broccoli, chopped
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 425g tin tuna
- ½ cup spring onion
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bring water to boil in a large pot.
- Add chopped cauliflower and broccoli to boiling water.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes of until soft.
- Strain cauliflower and broccoli and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the cauliflower and broccoli mix.
- Strain liquid from tuna. Add tuna to the bowl.
- Add egg, shredded cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, spring onion, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat large frypan. Add olive oil.
- Once hot, spoon mixture onto frypan. Flatten into patty shape using the back of the spatula.
- Turn each patty once the underside has started browning. Fry the other side.
- Continue frying all the mixture.
- Once ready, set aside to cool.
- Divide into Tupperware containers. Serve with your choice of salad. Recommendation: coleslaw and fresh avocado. Keep refrigerated and eat within 4 days.