Far from another boring chicken meal prep!
- Whole chicken
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- Unsalted butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 9 small white potatoes
- 2 handfuls mushroom, sliced
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Preheat oven to 200C / 430F.
- Mix butter, garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in roasting pan over potatoes. Smear butter and herbs mixture over chicken and under skin. Squeeze over lemon.
- Stuff used lemon wedges and rosemary inside chicken.
- Tie drumstick ends with string and tuck wings under the chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Turn down over to 180C / 350F and roast for further 1 hour or until juices run clear when pierced. Baste at 30 minute and 1 hour.
- Once cooled, portion into containers. Serve with spinach and mushroom. Drizzle pan juices over potatoes.