Asian inspired meal prep recipe, perfect for sharing!
Serves: 2-3 | Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500g lean beef mince
- 280g chow mein noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 broccolini bunch, trimmed
- 4 cups wombok (Chinese cabbage), thickly shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 green shallots, sliced
Sauce mixture (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- Preheat oven to 428 °F (220C).
- Arrange the capsicum, onion, ginger, garlic and mince over a large baking dish and drizzle with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until the beef is golden.
- Place noodles and broccolini in a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Drain.
- Combine oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine and water in a jug or bowl.
- Add noodles, broccolini, cabbage and sauce mixture to the beef. Season with pepper and use tongs to toss to combine. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Top with carrots and sprinkle with the bean sprouts and shallots