As you know CrossFit is about constantly varied functional movement – in other words any kind of workout could be thrown at you! Don’t let an under-packed bag get in the way of you performing your best. Here is a list of essential and non-essential packing items for a CrossFitter.
Pictured: PLUS45 Duffel
Essential Packing List:
- Olympic lifting shoes – not only do they make you look serious about lifting, they serve an important hip and ankle stability function.
- CrossFit/Metcon shoes – designed specifically for CrossFit training. They tend to have a stiff and slightly high heal and flexible toe, and the best ones are designed for handstand push-ups and rope climbs. These shoes are built for purpose and tend to out-live traditional trainers.
- Weightlifting belt – ask your coach first if you’re ready for this accessory, it may be more important to build your strength before wearing a belt. In short, a weight lifting belt offers core and back stability for really heavy lifts.
- Skipping rope – although the box might have community ropes, nothing beats whipping out a rope cut to your height - like damn!
- Thick shin high socks or shin guards – great protection for rope climbs, Olympic lifting and those pesky jump boxes that sneak up on you!
- Gymnastic grips – great protection for pullups and muscle ups. We recommend leather grade material, it tends to mould to your hand better and will act more like a second skin.
- Deodorant – no one likes a smelly beast.
- 1-2 Shaker bottle with a scope of protein or BCAA’S - just add water when you’re ready.
- Water bottle – make sure you recover with H20 and replenish your fluids.
- Microfiber towel
Pictured: CORE25 Backpack
Non-Essentials Packing List:
- Protein bar or nut mix – post WOD munchies can sneak up on you.
- Callous file – shave them off in advance and avoid a nasty tear.
- Athletic tape – great for protecting your inner thumb during Olympic lifting. Don’t skimp out on this - find a brand that is flexible and sweat resistant. Getting average tape will never get used and giving thumbs-up may become a thing of the past.
- Chalk bag and chalk – because of COVID some boxes have stopped community chalk buckets.
- Physio cream
- Voodoo floss
- Knee sleeves
- Training Journal
The Toughest and Most Functional Bags In The Game
Ready to pack for greatness? Keep your essentials organized with the right bag for the job. Shop the toughest and smartest gym bags in the game.